7 vying for Nautical City Queen title
The annual Nautical City Queen’s Pageant takes place Friday at 7 p.m. in the Rogers City High School. Seven young women will be vying for the title of Miss Nautical City 2014.
Event tickets for adults are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. Tickets for children under 12 years of age are $5. The tickets are available at the Chamber of Commerce office and Cory Budnick State Farm Rogers City.
This year’s contestants include:
- Alysse Hempel, daughter of Chris and Krista Hempel. She plans to study occupational therapy at Saginaw Valley State University. For her talent, she will play “Here Comes the Sun” on the ukulele.
- Emily Kasuba, daughter of Chris and John Kasuba. Her future education goal is to attend Saginaw Valley State University and obtain a degree in psychology. She will play “All of Me” on the piano for her talent presentation.
- Victoria Bullock, daughter of Steven and Pamela Bullock. After high school graduation, she would like to attend the University of Michigan and study kinesiology. For her talent presentation, she will give an inspirational speech titled “The Definition of Beauty.”
- Madeleine Steiger, daughter of Rick and Kirah Steiger. She plans to attend the University of Michigan and study business and medicine. She will doing sign language to “American Soldier” for her talent segment.
- Jade Ramus, daughter of Robert and Rebecca Ramus. She plans to attend Alpena Community College in the fall, with the hopes of becoming an elementary school teacher. For her talent, she will perform a self-choreographed dance routine to “Am I Wrong.”
- Jacquelyn Hart, daughter of Patrick and Kristie Hart. Her future education plans include attending Lake Superior State University to study nursing. She will perform pointe dancing (ballet) to “Clocks” for her talent presentation.
- Erin Herrington, daughter of Marcia Peltz and Mark Andre. She plans to attend Alpena Community College and become a veterinary assistant. For her talent, she will play the trumpet to “Safe and Sound.”
The current Miss Rogers City, Rebecca Myers, will relinquish her title during Friday’s event. She is the daughter of Mike and Cindy Myers, and is a 2014 graduate of Rogers City High School. During the pageant, she will perform “I Can Only Imagine.”
Entertainment also will be provided by Jess Rupert and Nicole Grulke.
The Queen’s Pageant is sponsored by Thunder Bay Accounting, Beck Funeral Home, Presque Isle Advance, State Farm and Basil Oil Co. Inc. Cassie Bruning is serving as this year’s pageant director.
The Nautical City Queen’s Pageant is held prior to the annual Nautical City Festival, which is will be held July 29 through Aug. 3.
Photos Courtesy of Richard Lamb/Presque Isle County Advance