Alpena and Montmorency counties partner for 4-H Achievement Day
More than 30 4-H’ers from Alpena and Montmorency counties came together March 15 for Achievement Day. During the event, they competed alongside each other in project categories ranging from woodworking, veterinarian science, S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and more.
Achievement Day gives 4-H’ers the opportunity to showcase their winter projects and all the hard work they have put in. In each project category, the 4-H members present their project to a judge.
Judges then give members an Honor Group, Honorable Mention or Successful Completion ribbon based on their presentation and the depth of their project. The 4-H’ers who receive an Honor Group ribbon are in the running for the Best of Show for that project category.
Other activities that 4-H members participated in at Achievement Day included interviewing for a scholarship to attend 4-H Exploration Days, Summer Camp or another educational 4-H activity; giving a performing arts presentation or demonstration; and setting up a display representing their 4-H club.
Best of Show winners were:
- Demonstration Alyseya Beaudoin, Tasha Beaudoin,
- Woodworking Brooke Gersewski
- Cooking Tyne Bennett
- Veterinarian Science and Horses Jordan Guy
- Livestock Randy Udell
- Junior Crafts Brooke Gersewski
- Senior Crafts Rhiannon Meyer
- Clothing and Textiles Brooke Gersewski
- Gardening and Conservation Carey May Udell
- Art and Written Expression Bree Oliver
- Photography Katelyn Coonrod
- S.T.E.M. (Science, Engineering, Technology and
Mathematics) Brett Bonifas
- Shooting Sports Dakota Gersewski