14 competing for Miss Sunrise title
Fourteen young ladies from Northern Michigan will compete Friday for the title of Miss Sunrise Side Princess.
The Miss Sunrise Side Princess Program, slated for 7:30 p.m. in Alpena Community College’s Granum Theatre, will showcase the talent and stage presence of the participants. This program enables young women to strengthen ties within their community, improve their communication skills and meet new people.
Featured entertainment will include Miss Sunrise Side Princess 2012, Natalie Goff; Miss Sunrise Side Teen, Caitlin Borke; and Miss Sunrise Side 2012, Alexandra Kramer.
Tickets can be purchased at the door for $6, with all proceeds going to the Miss Sunrise Side Scholarship Fund. Doors open at 7 p.m.
This year’s contestants are:
- Alexis Pilarski, 11-year-old daughter of Scott and Janelle Pilarski of Alpena.
- Sadie Couture, 12-year-old daughter of Tim and Stephanie Couture of Alpena.
- Gracy Pagels, 9-year-old daughter of Randy and Jamie Pagels of Lincoln.
- Olivia Herron, 11-year-old daughter of Dean and Jodie Herron of Lachine.
- Linnea Hentkowski, 12-year-old daughter of Matthew and Laura Hentkowski of Rogers City.
- Samantha Brooks, 12-year-old daughter of Mike and Melissa Brooks of Alpena.
- Jillian Pilarski, 8-year-old daughter of Jason and Amanda Pilarski of Posen.
- Brynna Smith, 11-year-old daughter of Chuck and Debra Smith of Presque Isle.
- Mia Couture, 8-year-old daughter of Tim and Stephanie Couture of Alpena.
- Amelia Burwell, 8-year-old daughter of Gary and Kelly Burwell of Hillman.
- Makala Mendyka, 10-year-old daughter of Sgt. Lance Mendyka and Specialist Teagon Mendyka, U.S. Army, and is currently residing with her grandmother, Josie Agnello of Harrisville.
- Makenzie Zdybel, 12-year-old daughter of Bryan and Angie Zdybel of Alpena.
- Emma Gagnon, 11-year-old daughter of Matt and Phyllis Gagnon of Alpena.
- Nicole Schaedig, 11-year-old daughter of Doug and Joy Mayo of Alpena and Mark Shaedig of Iowa.